(click to open/close)
15th Annual Conference - Basingstoke 18/19th October
Access the latest insights into bid and proposal best practice, with influential speakers sharing thought leadership and a range of interactive sessions
Come away with take home strategies which challenge you to look afresh at the way you work and leave you better equipped to win
Networking opportunities that help raise your profile and develop your career
Recharge your bid professional batteries through networking with friends and colleagues
Sharpen your competitive edge with new ways to stand out
Earn 15 CEU credits supporting your APMP Certification
Exhibitors from leading proposal management organisations giving you the opportunity to discover how the latest products and services can generate a competitive advantage for your business
Compared to the cost of attending a training course, APMP UK’s Annual Conference represents excellent value for money
Actions you can take to make our APMP UK events even better
Events nationwide are organised by APMP UK members who volunteer their time to organise our monthly events (while being full time bid professionals and having families).
This includes sourcing and organising speakers, venues, ongoing promotion, administration and catering.
You can now help the events team in any of the following ways:
- Let us know if you are unable to attend an event for which you have registered. Consistently, about 40% who register are ‘no shows’. This impacts catering costs, creating name badges and importantly prevents people on the waiting list from attending.
We are all involved in the bidding and proposals industry and fully understand that our schedules change by the minute. We ask that you do your best to tell us if you can’t attend.
- Can you, or anyone you know assist in identifying a potential free of charge venue? In the south we accommodate between 50 and 150 people. Elsewhere these numbers are 20 – 50 and with your support, attendance will increase. We need venues in all areas of the country.
- Could you speak at an event or have you seen a speaker you feel would benefit APMP UK members? If so, please tell us.
If increasing the frequency and coverage nationwide of monthly events is important to you, can you help with organising them?
All aspects of organising events are given comprehensive assistance, guidance and support. You will be part of a smaller local team with wider input and backup.
We currently have about 10 event volunteers around the UK. As the second largest APMP chapter worldwide, we would like to spread the workload, expand our coverage and bring meaningful quality events to our members in all areas.
- What’s in it for me? This is an opportunity to learn, network with your peers, contribute to the APMP UK chapter and raise your profile within the profession.
- What benefit is there in providing the venue? Increase recognition and awareness of your company or organisation and what it does. Demonstrate that you value professionalism and raise perception of a desirable workplace.
- What if I want to help but can’t commit? We welcome and value even sporadic assistance with events!
- What skills do I need (what do I need) to help organise an event? There are a number of useful skills required, including writing interesting event descriptions, IT skills, organisational expertise, venue liaison and administration.
- What if I offer to help and it doesn’t work out for me? No problem – we will appreciate you having made the effort!
Presentation slides and member reviews from many of our previous meetings and conferences are available here: